The TeX Users Group (TUG) was founded in 1980 to provide an organization for people who are interested in typography and font design, and/or are users of the TeX typesetting system invented by Donald Knuth.
Please consider joining TUG to support use and development of TeX and friends.
If you're new to TeX and are looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask, click here to get started.
- Stickers and a wide variety of other merchandise with the TeX logo are now available.
- TUGboat 40:3, a regular issue, has been mailed to current TUG members. It is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 40:2, the TUG 2019 (Palo Alto) proceedings, is now publicly available. Submissions for the following issue are welcome, deadline March 31, 2020. Articles, tutorials, announcements, and any other items would be greatly appreciated.
- TeX Live 2019 and MacTeX 2019 and proTeXt for 2019 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX, proTeXt). The TeX Collection 2019 DVD will be sent to TUG and other user group members; it can also be ordered through the TUG store.
Upcoming events (comprehensive meeting list)
- DANTE meeting, Universität zu Lübeck, Germany, March 25-27, 2020.
- G21C—Grapholinguistics in the 21st Century, CNRS Michel-Ange, Paris, France, June 17-19, 2020.
- TUG 2020,
Cary Graphic Arts Collection,
Rochester Institute of Technology,
Rochester, New York, USA, July 24-26, 2020;
call for papers deadline: April 10;
register for conference, early bird deadline: April 15;
bursary (financial assistance) deadline: April 15.
- 14th ConTeXt Meeting, Prague-Sibřina, Czech Republic, Sept. 6-12, 2020.
- DANTE meeting, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany, March 10-12, 2021.
- GuIT 2019, Turin, Italy, October 26, 2019.
- 13th ConTeXt Meeting - dirty tricks & dangerous bends; Bassenge, Belgium, Sept. 16-21, 2019.
- BachoTeX 2019 - TeX old but gold: the durability of typographic TeXnologies; Bachotek, Poland, May 1-5, 2019.
- 60th DANTE meeting, Hochschule Darmstadt, Germany, March 27-29, 2019.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online), as well as the TeX software collection (TeX Live, proTeXt, MacTeX, etc.). TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - caption - expkv - autosp - nicematrix - dashundergaps - scontents - ZXjatype - latino-sine-flexione - pmhanguljamo - hyperref - xcite - cmupint - biblatex-bookinother - wasysym - wasy-type1 - wasy - beamerswitch - verifica - ptex2pdf - pkgcheck - jmlr - thorshammer - mathtools - enotez - chemmacros - acro - xsim - ghsystem - chemgreek - tikz-trackschematic - bath-bst - biblatex-bath